1. Corlett J. The perceptions of nurse teachers, student nurses and preceptors of the theory-practice gap in nurse education. Nurse education today 2000; 20(6): 499-505.
2. Wilson J. Bridging the theory practice gap. Australian Nursing Journal 2008; 16 (4): 25-25.
3. Borneuf AM, Haigh C. The who and where of clinical skills teaching: A review from the UK perspective. Nurse education today 2010; 30 (2):197-201.
4. Morgan R. Using clinical skills laboratories to promote theory–practice integration during first practice placement: an Irish perspective. Journal of Clinical Nursing 2006;15(2): 155-61.
5. Cheraghi MA, Salasli M, Ahmadi F. Factors influencing the clinical preparation of BS nursing student interns in Iran. International Journal of Nursing Practice 2008;14(1): 26-33.
6. Pazokian M, Rassouli M. [Challenges of nursing clinical education in world]. Journal of Medical Education Development 2012; 5 (8): 18-26. [Persian]
7. Salehi S, Abedi HA, Alipour L, Najafipour S, Fatehi N. [Learning activities and clinical nursing services gap and the related factors: a comparative study]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2001;1(3): 43-9. [Persian]
8. Dehghan Nayeri N, Nazari AA, Adib-Hajbagheri M, Salsali M, Ahmadi F. [Nurses’ views on productivity and its influencing factors]. Feyz 2005; 8(32): 43-51. [Persian]
9. Maben J, Latter S, Clark JM. The theory–practice gap: impact of professional–bureaucratic work conflict on newly‐qualified nurses. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2006; 55(4): 465-77.
10. Mohammadi B, Valizadeh S, Lak Dizeji S. [The Impact of Teaching on Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Nursing and Midwifery Instructors in Regard to Clinical Education Effective Behaviors, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, 2002]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2003; 3 (1): 61-9. [Persian]
11. Ajani K, Moez S. Gap between knowledge and practice in nursing. Procedia social and behavioral sciences 2011; 15:3927-31.
12. Heydari A, Alizadeh B, Mazloum S. [The Effect of Preceptorship Program on Clinical Skills of Undergraduate Nursing Students]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2013; 13 (7): 588-600. [Persian]
13. Last L, Fulbrook P. Why do student nurses leave? Suggestions from a Delphi study. Nurse Education Today 2003; 23 (6): 449-58.
14. azarbarzin m, Haghanie F. [Active Learning: An Approach for Reducing Theory-Practice Gap in Clinical Education]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2012;11 (9):1179-90. [Persian]
15. Rad M, Khalili H, Rakhshani MH. [Effective clinical teacher in nursing and midwifery in Sabzevar Medical School]. Journal of Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences 2010;17 (4): 287-93. [Persian]
16. Williamson GR, Webb C. Supporting students in practice. Journal of Clinical Nursing 2001;10 (2): 284-92.
17. Upton DJ. How can we achieve evidence‐based practice if we have a theory–practice gap in nursing today? Journal of Advanced Nursing 1999; 29(3): 549-55.
18. Preston L. Making connections with nature: Bridging the theory-practice gap in outdoor and environmental education. Australian Journal of Outdoor Education 2004; 8(1): 12-19
19. Ousey K. Bridging the theory–practice gap? The role of the lecturer/practitioner in supporting pre-registration students gaining clinical experience in an orthopaedic unit. Journal of Orthopaedic Nursing 2000;4(3): 115-20.
20. Hanberg A, Brown SC. Bridging the theory–practice gap with evidence-based practice. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing 2006;37(11): 248.
21. Cheek J, Jones J. What nurses say they do and need: implications for the educational preparation of nurses. Nurse Education Today 2003;23(1):40-50.
22. Donaldson I. The use of learning contracts in the clinical area. Nurse Education Today 1992; 12 (6): 431-6.
23. Roshan Essani R, Ali TS. Knowledge and practice gaps among pediatric nurses at a tertiary care hospital Karachi Pakistan. ISRN pediatrics 2011; 2011 (1): 1-8.
24. Hadizadeh F, Firoozi M, Shamaeyan Razavi N. [Nursing and Midwifery Students Perspective on Clinical Education in Gonabad University of Medical Sciences]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2005; 5 (1): 70-8.
25. Hughes O, Wade B, Peters M. The effects of a synthesis of nursing practice course on senior nursing students' self-concept and role perception. The Journal of nursing education 1991;30 (2): 69-72.
26. Rahimi A, Ahmadi F. [The Obstacles and Improving Strategies of Clinical Education from the Viewpoints of Clinical Instructors in Tehran’s Nursing Schools]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2005; 5 (2): 73-80. [Persian]
27. Nejad Parizi M. Organization and management: from theory to practice. 10th ed. Tehran: Iran Banking Institute; 2007. [Persian]
28. Salehi R, Jafari N, Golshani M, Haghani F. [Determining Educational Objectives and Evaluating Them in Department of Anatomy in Isfahan School of Medicine]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2011;10 (5): 850-9. [Persian]
29. Glynn D, Kelsey W, Taylor M, Lynch A, DeLibertis J. Nursing Clinical Instructor Needs Assessment. J Nurs Care 2014; 3(3): 168-71.
30. Cheraghi MA, Salsali M, Safari M. [Ambiguity in knowledge transfer: the role of theory-practice gap]. Iranian journal of nursing and midwifery research 2010;15(4):155. [Persian]
31. Chesser-Smyth PA. The lived experiences of general student nurses on their first clinical placement: A phenomenological study. Nurse Education in Practice 2005; 5(6): 320–27.
32. Kermansaravi F, Navidian A, Imani M. [Nursing students’ views toward quality of theoretical and clinical nursing education: A qualitative Study]. The Journal of Medical Education and Development 2013;7(4): 28-40. [Persian]
33. Dehghani H, Dehghani K, Fallahzadeh H. [The educational problems of clinical field training based on nursing teachers and last year nursing students view points]. Iranian journal of medical education. 2005; 5 (1): 24-33. [Persian]
34. Gillespie M. Student–teacher connection: a place of possibility. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2005; 52(2): 211-9.
35. Salminen L, Minna S, Sanna K, Jouko K, Helena L-K. The competence and the cooperation of nurse educators. Nurse education today 2013; 33(11): 1376-81.
36. Salsali M. Evaluating teaching effectiveness in nursing education: an Iranian perspective. BMC medical education 2005; 5(1) :29.
37. Peterson SJ, Schaffer MA. Service-learning: isn't that what nursing education has always been?. The Journal of nursing education 2001;40 (2): 51-2.
38. De Guzman A, Pablo LA, Prieto RJ, Purificacion VN, Que JJ, Quia P. Understanding the persona of clinical instructors: The use of students’ doodles in nursing research. Nurse education today 2008; 28 (1):48-54.
39. Haghanie F. [Active learning: An approach for reducing theory-practice gap in clinical education]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2012;11 (9): 1179-90. [Persian]
40. Jordan S. From classroom theory to clinicalpractice: evaluating the impact of a post-registration course. Nurse Education Today 1998;18(4): 293-302.
41. Heydari A, Soudmand P, Hajiabadi F, Armat M, Rad M. [The causes and solutions of the theory and practice gap from nursing education view point: A review article]. Journal of Medical Education Development 2014;7(14): 72-85. [Persian]
42. Karimi Moonaghi H, Dabbaghi F, Oskouie F, Vehviläinen-Julkunen K. [Learning style in theoretical courses: Nursing students’ perceptions and experiences]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2009; 9(1): 41-54. [Persian]
43. bahreini M, Momeni Danaei S, Shahamat S, Khatoni A, Ghodsi S, Hashemi M. The Quality of Educational Services: Gap between Optimal and Actual Status according to Dentistry Students. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2012; 11 (7) :685-695. [Persian]
44. Mahdipour Zarea N, Erteghaei V, Fathi Azar E, Safaian R, Fallah E. [The factors involved in integrating theory and practice in nursing from the nurse teachers and students points of view, Tabriz, 2002]. Journal of Babol University Of Medical Sciences 2003; 5 (5):24-8. [Persian]
45. Hemmati maslakpak m, khalilzadeh h. [Nursing Students’ Perspectives on Effective Clinical Education: A Qualitative Study]. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2012; 11(7): 718-27. [Persian]
46. Dadgaran I, Parvizy S, Peyrovi H. A Global Issue in Nursing Students’ Clinical Learning: The Theory–Practice Gap. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 2012; 47: 1713-8.